Follow by Email

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Brown Spanish rice

Today has been kind of strange. Last night marked one week of us living in Athens. Man did that week go by slow...or it felt like it. I guess when you aren't in the hustle and bustle of the city that changes. James must have some big molars coming in because he has been nursing like crazy. Yes I still nurse, but he does eat three meals a day and little snacks too. Actually my husband pointed out in his Bio text book that mothers milk helps the mind grow faster In babies first two years. While I'm not sure I'm going to nurse till he's two, science says its best. Just interesting seeing as how society is kinda freaked out by breast feeding...

Anywho! It was kind of a dull day. Except I did make brownies and they came out pretty good. I got a little distracted with James so I left them in a little too long. Instead of fudge they were cakey...#bakermomproblems.

He also fought his nap like I've never seen....he was exhausted!



Well tonight I'm working with what we got and making brown Spanish rice...sorta.


1 cup of rice
Onion
Red bell pepper
Sauté all that in 2 tbs of olive oil.

Wait till the veggies are tender
Maybe like 3 to 5 minutes

Add 2 cups water...or any sort of veggie/ meat stalk
But since I didn't have that handy I put in a bouillon cube...those things rock
Some tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
Salt
Pepper
Jalapeño
Red chile powder if ya got it (which I don't) sad panda
Garlic powder, but the cube has some in it already so not too much

Let it come to a boil

Cover with lid and turn the heat down a little
Wait 45 minutes or until rice is done!

Serve as side or out it in some tacos...or roll it up in some tortillas! Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment