Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moms that Rock! Albany Rose

Haven't done this in awhile! I'm really trying to meet and get to know all different types of mommies. This wonderful mother inspires me because she genuinely follows her heart and is incredibly passionate. Her children Eden and RJ are sooo cute!
 Look at these adorable pictures!


And she's a gorgeous mommy!

 I hope anyone reading this enjoys her story with an open mind! :)  The work she does involves a controversial topic which is abortion. I hope sharing a bit of her personal story will help women going thru the same thing and if anything at least put one face to an isssue. Everyone who has experienced an abortion has a different testimony and this is just hers! So, disclosure over!

Q: Tell me a bit about your familia?

A: I met Royce when I was 18 and he was 17 at a bar I used to work at. It was a tough first year when we were together because his family is devout Catholic and I am not religious.8 months into our relationship I became pregnant with our first child, Eden. We grew up fast and bought out own house (when we had her we both turned 20) and have made life better than either of us thought possible. 4 months after our daughter we decided we wanted another child close to her age so she would have a playmate. A month ago we gave birth to our son, RJ. We're a very close nit family. God based, old fashion American family.

Close nit is right. She posted an adorable video of her fiance dancing with her daughter. So sweet!

Q:What is your favorite part about being a mother?

A:My favorite part of being a mother is realizing how much parents do for their kids. I never understood until we had our own. I also love the labor part of being a mother. I absolutely love giving birth.



Uhm yeah I love this answer. Labor is a crazy crazy thing! But that and giving birth is what made me finally feel connected to my womanhood. I know a bit cheesy...but seriously I felt so darn powerful after giving birth to James. And it was an amazing to realize all over the world women are giving birth in different ways. Gives me chills just thinking about it :)

Q: What do you struggle with as a mother?

A:My greatest struggle as a mother is realizing how much mothers judge each other. People don't like our parenting techniques and as the mother, I great a great amount of flack for how I raise the kids.

Can I get an amen? But really...Moms...you have GOT to stop this. It's annoying. Anyone watch Moms night out on Nick@Night? They do these hilarious shorts called othermothered.   I'm going to link one.  http://s.nickmom.com/11W1JUV  Also check out sancitmommy on facebook. She makes me laugh...it's satire making fun of moms who do exactly this....again...it's SATIRE https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sanctimommy/523533471000365?fref=ts

Q: What are your passions?

A: My passions in life outside of being a mother is woking heavily in the Pro-Life movement. I devote my life to it. I also train horses which has always been a dear hobby of mine. I also teach dance in my free time, as I've always loved the freedom of it. Photography is also a close one, since I enjoy the thought of capturing the perfect in life.

Q: Can you tell me a bit about your website?

A: My website is called reclaimingabortionrecords.weebly.com or on facebook, facebook.com/reclaimingabortionrecords. I retrieved my own abortion records after all the years of dealing with anger and depression, I found great healing in seeing my son for the first time. I decided with the help of a friend to reach out to women who are in the same place I was and help them get their own records back. It is also a safe place to share personal testimonies as well as read other women's who have suffered the pain of abortion.
 

If you are interested in reclaiming your records I'm pretty sure states have different laws about how long they keep the records and some have them electronically recorded but you will have to contact Albany and the location that you had the abortion to get more information. Albany also has a youtube channel where she dicusses her activism work and has made a video sharing her testimony about the records she recovered. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jW09zmYbjKtC_EOdE_gSw From the videos i've watched I think you will find she does not fit what most people would stero type as pro life activist.

Q: If you could teach your children one lesson what would that be?

A: If I could teach my children one thing, it would be to never, ever give up. To not ever let a person tell them they cannot accomplish their dreams because of imperfect circumstances.

I love this question. So many different answers :)

Q:What is your favorite thing to do during mommy down time?
A: During mommy down time, I love to work on my book of my life testimony, as well as make jewelry and design clothing.


Such a sweet mom. If you are a mom or know a mom who should be featured let me know! All mommies deserve the spotlight!

Love Lucy!
 gif my gifs lucille ball i love lucy Lucy Ricardo Photoset: Lucy Ricardo Quotes I do feel a part 2 coming up because omg so many good quotes

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I read your story over at Live Action and so admired your courage! Thank you, and I hope you keep telling your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article on Live Action! I'm a mom to 3 boys and I love the post regarding your friend that posted the picture of her toddler son on facebook with the sign about his eating the cupcakes. I took that to heart and will be extra careful to remember that my sons are still learning and do not realize sometimes that they are doing something wrong. Love this blog and thank you for choosing to speak up for these precious unborn babies! ~~Molly Larson, Staunton, VA

    ReplyDelete